FAMILY EDUCATION PROGRAMS
1. Developing CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS in the Home.
2. Promoting Education in the Home.
3. Oral Language Development Activities in the Primary Language.
For more than 15 years, Dr. Carmen Sanchez Sadek has been bringing about change at the classroom level to best serve the language and cognitive development needs of minority students at the elementary AND secondary levels. Dr. Sadek holds Elementary, Secondary, Junior College and Administrative Credentials from the State of Califomia. She also has passed the C-BEST Examination and the tests for the Bilingual Certificate of Competence (B.C.C.), the Cross Cultural, Language and Academic Development (C.L.A.D.) Certificate and the Bilingual, Cross Cultural, Language and Academic Development (B.-C.L.A.D.) Certificate. She has taught in California since 1964, and has elementary, secondary, and university teaching experience from public and private schools in the cities of Orange, Chino, Los Angeles, and at U.C.L.A., U.S.C., California State Universities in Los Angeles and Northridge (Ventura Campus), and San Diego State University.
RETURN to Home Page
For more in-depth information, classroom demonstrations, and "coaching" of new and/or experienced teachers, Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK offers:
1. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
2. Cross Cultural Diversity - Multicultural Strategies
3. Effective Instruction for English Learners (L.E.P. students) Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
4. Promoting Academic Success in Language Minority Students
5. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
6. Oral Language / Literacy Skills / Higher Order Thinking Skills
7. 50/50 Dual Language Programs: design, planning and implementation
8. The Structure of English / The Structure of Spanish
9. Transition: Introduction to English Reading
Web Site Programs for Teachers: Numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
Web Site Programs for Paraprofessionals: Number 3.
Web Site Programs for New Teachers:
Enhanced Cultural Sensitivity - The Challenge of Students Diversity
Identifying / Responding to Students' Language Needs
Phonemic Awareness: Teaching English phonics to L.E.P. students
Relationship Between Reading, Writing and Spelling
Improving Reading Performance -- Building Oral Language Skills)
Write and e-mail any additional questions you may have, and Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will establish with you, your school or district a Technical Assistance Service Contract. Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will answer all your questions promptly and to your satisfaction.
For information and credentials please click on the link below or contact directly:
CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK, Ph.D.
Educational Consultant, Program Evaluator
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Certification (12/2006)
3113 Malcolm Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3406
Phone and Fax: (310) 474-5605