129. I am a foreign graduate dentist who seeks to learn the Spanish language. I have realized how necessary it is to speak Espaņol in the work field, especially here in Los Angeles. I have retrieved your e-mail address through your website. In this connection, I would like to ask your advice on where and how I can get the proper schooling.
Yes, we all need to know several languages and in the Los Angeles area --just about in any area of the USA-- Espaņol is very much needed. There are private training institutes that teach Spanish and other languages. UCLA and USC, through their extension services, provided classes every semester. The community colleges everywhere also provide classes every semester. The CalState University system also offers classes through their extension services. Please, contact any of these institutions and they will be glad to send to you their catalog of courses for their regular and extension programs. There are also many tutors available through local colleges and universities. Thank you for your interest in providing the best care to your patients in the language they can understand best.
For more in-depth information, classroom demonstrations, and "coaching" of new and/or experienced teachers, Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK offers:
1. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
2. Cross Cultural Diversity - Multicultural Strategies
3. Effective Instruction for English Learners (L.E.P. students) Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
4. Promoting Academic Success in Language Minority Students
5. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
6. Oral Language / Literacy Skills / Higher Order Thinking Skills
7. 50/50 Dual Language Programs: design, planning and implementation
8. The Structure of English / The Structure of Spanish
9. Transition: Introduction to English Reading
Web Site Programs for Teachers: Numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
Web Site Programs for Paraprofessionals: Number 3.
Web Site Programs for New Teachers:
Enhanced Cultural Sensitivity - The Challenge of Students Diversity
Identifying / Responding to Students' Language Needs
Phonemic Awareness: Teaching English phonics to L.E.P. students
Relationship Between Reading, Writing and Spelling
Improving Reading Performance -- Building Oral Language Skills)
Write and e-mail any additional questions you may have, and Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will establish with you, your school or district a Technical Assistance Service Contract. Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will answer all your questions promptly and to your satisfaction.
For information and credentials please click on the link below or contact directly:
CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK, Ph.D.
Educational Consultant, Program Evaluator
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Certification (12/2006)
3113 Malcolm Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3406
Phone and Fax: (310) 474-5605