96. I will be presenting a workshop on Monday about "Making Accommodations for ESL Students" & I was wondering if I could give out your e-mail address, too. You have been very informative w/info and recommendations to our school district, the Rogers Public Schools. If you'd be open to having "mainstream" teachers e-mail you, please let me know. It is always nice to offer professional contacts to our staff. Thanks in advance.
ALL TEACHERS, that is correct, ALL TEACHERS in the State of Arkansas CAN ask me any and all questions they may have concerning their students, especially their English Learners (students not totally fluent or of limited fluency in English). And, please, have your teachers give a million "THANKS!!!!" to Dr. Andre L. Guerrero, Director of the Programs for Language Minority Students, for his support of Arkansas teachers in their quest for answers to their questions, and in their efforts to provide the BEST instructional programs for ALL students.
For more in-depth information, classroom demonstrations, and "coaching" of new and/or experienced teachers, Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK offers:
1. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
2. Cross Cultural Diversity - Multicultural Strategies
3. Effective Instruction for English Learners (L.E.P. students) Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
4. Promoting Academic Success in Language Minority Students
5. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
6. Oral Language / Literacy Skills / Higher Order Thinking Skills
7. 50/50 Dual Language Programs: design, planning and implementation
8. The Structure of English / The Structure of Spanish
9. Transition: Introduction to English Reading
Web Site Programs for Teachers: Numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
Web Site Programs for Paraprofessionals: Number 3.
Web Site Programs for New Teachers:
Enhanced Cultural Sensitivity - The Challenge of Students Diversity
Identifying / Responding to Students' Language Needs
Phonemic Awareness: Teaching English phonics to L.E.P. students
Relationship Between Reading, Writing and Spelling
Improving Reading Performance -- Building Oral Language Skills)
Write and e-mail any additional questions you may have, and Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will establish with you, your school or district a Technical Assistance Service Contract. Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will answer all your questions promptly and to your satisfaction.
For information and credentials please click on the link below or contact directly:
CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK, Ph.D.
Educational Consultant, Program Evaluator
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Certification (12/2006)
3113 Malcolm Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3406
Phone and Fax: (310) 474-5605